Thursday, June 15, 2006

The appointment

Not quite what I expected! The 'hour appointment' lasted about 10 minutes the doctor asked some questions I asked some questions then my hubby and I both had blood tests then we were off! I have been told to restart the metformin (the doctor implied that I should not have stopped it for so long despite being told to do so by the doctor I saw after my last miscarriage), also start aspirin 75mg, and folic acid. I have clomid and provera should a period not start and a higher dose folic acid and progesterone pessaries for once I am pregnant. The blood tests are to check loads of stuff including chromosomal abnormalities, also to see if my blood is too thick in which case I will be given clexane.

Now I am going to wait and try to chill out! I will get the blood results via letter if there is a problem. I am going to wait another 3 weeks for a period then if I don't have one I will start the provera. Here we go again!!

I guess I had hoped for some answers today as to why I have had 3 early miscarriages in a row and yet I knew there may not be any answers. It is entirely possible that I might go on to have a normal pregnancy or to have another miscarriage. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and keep going! I have to roll with the punches!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home