Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Time to get positive! Day 2 of low carb vegetarian diet.

I felt it was time to do something to fill the time between now and the tests in June. It is such a long wait, I want to use the time in a positive way. I had thought about a low carb diet before because it is meant to be good to control the symptoms of PCOS, but I always got stuck before I started because I am vegetarian and most low carb diets consist of lots of meat and fish. But my hubby helped me find a vegetarian low carb book and so far so good! I only started yesterday but have stuck to it so far, although I do feel like chocolate!!! Yesterday I did not feel too bad, but I think that is because I was busy all day, I spent the morning running around getting the weird and wonderful ingredients I need, then we played badminton and before I knew it it was bed time! But today I have felt crap! I feel really tired and am craving chocolate!! But I am sure it will be worth it! It says that I can expect the first few days to be rough - that is why I started it while I am on annual leave from work!

Oh bugger work!!! I am not looking forward to going back, I am not looking forward to the hospital shutting and having to go and work at another hospital! Stress is not good!

3 Comments:

Blogger Niki said...

I just want to wish you luck on your LC diet. I started one in Feb. to help my digestive problems and it has done wonders. The hardest part is the first week or 2. You may feel yucky as your body adjusts. Take care!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

When does your hospital close down? Is there a date for that yet- or is it still in the works, where it could be awhile?

I've been working on my diet & exercise as well. Hoping it might help... My doc is a cow. I'm now working on getting a new one. finally.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the diet. Me, in the same boat as you. Are you taking metformin/glucophage? Its supposed to help prevent miscarriage.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home