Monday, April 17, 2006

Day 29 Faint pink line

I think we might just have got lucky!! For the past two days I have got a faint pink line on the pregnancy test strip. I did one yesterday that I did not quite believe, so thought I would do another this morning with my first wee since that is meant to be more concentrated. Technically it was not my first wee though since I got up at about 1 am to go as well, and did not think that was a good time to test! I did not sleep well at all last night. I know that you should wait a couple of days after getting a faint positive to re-test, so I will probably do another tomorrow morning, but I am fairly sure I am pregnant, I feel pregnant.

I stopped the metformin yesterday my consultant told me too and switched to 75mg of soluble aspirin (yuck!). I am at the feeling happy but not quite believing it stage at the moment. I am sure it will not be long before I am back to the paranoid stage!!! If it has worked I cant believe that we were lucky enough for the clomid to work first time after my miscarriage. Wow!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melzie said...

Congratulations... fingers crossed that it keeps up...

12:36 AM  
Blogger Mad Margaret said...

Woo! Hope you are lucky this time - it's looking good though. I've had a couple of miscarriages (first one very traumatic) and am now on clomid, so I found your blog very helpful. The last 2 months on clomid have made my cycles 21 days - suppose this is clomid's doing - and am just about to up dose to 100g, so your comments about side fx were interesting. Good luck!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Ece. please do not stop metformin during pregnancy. It prevents miscarriages. Search google with keywords glueck, pregnancy, pcos, metformin. You will find research on this. 65% of pcos women miscarry during the first trimester but 8% miscarry if they use metformin during the first trimester. I am so sorry that you go through these. I also have pcos and lost a baby. you can e-mail me ecekumkale2@yahoo.com

8:37 AM  
Blogger PCOS and me said...

The reseach that relates to women with PCOS taking metformin during pregnancy is not exactly conclusive. It also deals with a very small group of people, where as proper research will cover a larger group. I did continue with metformin for the last two pregnancys and they both ended with miscarriage as well.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home