Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Total frustration

Total frustration with life the world and the universe right now! The doctors secretary phoned back yesterday and said that I do need to take the provera twice a day (like I said) only she said it in a way as if to say I was wrong, I think she had totally forgotten the whole reason I called. She then put me on the phone to the SHO. She said I could take it once a day, so I said why have I just been told by my doctor that I need to take it twice a day then. So her next suggestion was to take the prescription to the chemist and get the medication, so the provera would last for 3 cycles instead of 6, then I should go to my GP to get some more. My problem with this suggestion was that I would be paying for the prescription twice, also that the problem would still be there but delayed by three months, also what a waste of my GPs time. So the next option was to drive back to the hospital on the other side of Bristol and swap the prescription for the right one. I suggested that posting it would be a lot easier, so I posted back the old prescription and they are hopefully going to post me the right one.

Why dies everything have to be so bloody complicated! I work for the national health service and from the inside it is obvious how complicated things are made and where it goes wrong. If I ran the national health service I am sure I could fix it! First thing I would do is sack the managers managers, then the managers managers managers and so on! Too many people sat in offices pushing paper not enough people working in the grit of it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog the other day and I feel so connected to you. I am originally from Germany but have been living in Oklahoma, United States for almost 10 years now. My husband and I started trying for a baby in October 2004. Like you, I got pregnant within a couple of months after stopping the pill and thought "wow, that was EASY!". However, in February 2005 I went to my second prenatal visit and the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat on the ultrasound scan. I was 10 weeks along at that point. I had a "missed abortion" and had to have a D & C at the hospital. The doctor told me to wait 2 menstrual cycles, then to try again. Well.... since I had been on the pill for years and years and years, I had no idea that I had PCOS. All I know is, I had the D & C on the 14th of February and had only 1 period by June! I thought maybe my body is just messed up from the pregnancy and D & C, but finally I went to the doctor and that's when I found out I had PCOS. I then switched to a fertility doctor and have been on femara and metformin first, then on clomid and metformin. I got pregnant again in January, just a little after you got pregnant too! All was looking well, hormone levels were going up. The doctor gave me progesterone suppositories, too, to ensure that I will not have another miscarriage. I went in for an ultrasound on Monday and I should be 6 1/2 weeks along. Unfortunately, no heartbeat again. They also checked my blood and my hormonone levels are still good. He thinks maybe I ovulated later and am only 5 1/2 weeks, but I KNOW that is not the case. I chart my temp every day and know that my cycle is exactly 34 days every time. So I am supposed to come back on MOnday for another ultrasound, but I already know it's bad news. I cannot believe this. It is so easy for everybody else in this world to just get pregnant and for people like us it is like rocket science. It is just sad. And it makes you feel like a total loser. I know I can't help it but it's like I am a lesser woman or something! I hope I won't have to have another D & C but I bet I will. For some reason my body just holds on to the baby and won't "bleed it out". Well, anyway... I really wanted to write you. Like I said, I feel very close to you even though I don't know you and you live halfway across the world from me. I know what you are going through and how terribly painful it all is. Wish I could e-mail you!

4:59 PM  
Blogger PCOS and me said...

Pia,

If you want to email me I would be happy to respond. My address is junk@fatvat.co.uk

8:07 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

I fel the lone person out- I do have a 7 year old. But I didn't know I had PCOS until after he was born- my body went "Crazy" and I didn't get what was happening... I've had numerous MC's, and I've gotten very "it's bound to happen" attitude with them. I'm trying to change my thinking on it. I've done 7 rounds of clomid (not all at once, I took a 4 month break- did #7 in Feb), and have 2 mor erounds left to try. I haven't told my hubby yet- because I don't want to stress him out because I stress, then he stresses, and who can have clinical sex when you are stressing. At least this way he enjoys himself. ;)

I've been having a hard month-- my sister is pregnant again, and it looks like my brothers' wife might be as well- their baby will be 1 in august...

But-- I need to try to change my attiture- somehow.. My email is on my blog! :)

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home