Thursday, February 02, 2006

I am pregnant and paranoid!!!

I found out last Thursday (26th Jan) that I was pregnant. It was not really until Monday that I dared to believe it! I have symptoms, which is great, and must have done about 6 positive pregnancy tests to be sure!

I went to see my GP on Tuesday to discuss Metformin. Should I stop taking it or carry on. Metformin is not licensed for pregnancy but apparently that is just because the manufacturers have never applied for a license through fear of any legal cases being brought against them. There is some research that metformin reduces the risk of miscarriage in people who have pcos and have been taking metformin to help get pregnant. So the outcome is I am going to stay on it, until someone shows me some credible research that says Metformin is bad!

Yesterday I had my appointment at the pcos clinic. The Doctor there is brilliant (as is my GP), I have great confidence in doctors who sound like they know what they are talking about and explain things clearly! I had a scan which showed that two of my follicles had released eggs, it also showed my little dot, but was too early to see much more. I am going back in a couple of weeks for another scan, in the hope that my little dot is a bigger dot! Also could not tell from this scan how many babies I am pregnant with!

I am really happy to be pregnant but am really worried about having a miscarriage. I worry about being too happy because it will be a big smack in the face if things go wrong. But it will be that anyway! So I am going to enjoy being happy, keep my fingers crossed and worry about one day at a time! I am hoping that in 8 months time I will look back at this time and think 'there really was no point worrying so much, and that time really flew!' whilst also holding my newborn baby or babies!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melzie said...

Congrat's! I'm so happy for you- you giv eme hope. :) I'll cross my fingers and toes for you and your little peanut!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home