Thursday, September 07, 2006

I am now 9 weeks and 2 days ish!

The scan went really well. Not much to see at this stage but a very strong heart beat. My hubby thought that the baby looks like a slug, so we are naming him or her slug for now. We are going back for another scan at around 12 weeks, so soon.

It was a little confusing though, the radiographer said I was 8 weeks and 6 days and to come back for a 12 week scan, when we got to the desk to book the appointment they were trying to book me a 20 week scan, so we said what she had said and the receptionist went off to check and then said that was right I need a 12 week scan, then I noticed on my notes that it said I was 8 weeks and 4 days. I did not have the heart to make her go and check that too. I am sure a couple of days here and there are going to make little difference. Apart from the fact that I am looking forward to the 12 week stage where the risk of miscarriage is reduced. Until then I will hold my breath and keep my fingers crossed!

Morning sickness is such fun, I had forgotten what it was like to feel sick 24 hours a day! Still it acts as a good reassurance that everything is going well. I have gone off so many foods now - pasta, curry, quorn sausages, I cant think of any more at the moment!! Oh and bread from a packet the smell of it makes me throw up, by poor husband is having to make his own sandwiches!!! I have had some cravings to, a few fruit ones (but can't handle orange juice - too acidic!!), parma violets and floral gums which I have yet to find anywhere!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kabmom said...

You sound like your doing fine. I hope you are taking care of yourself and your hubby as much as you can. Good luck and keep us posted.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. I pray things keep going great for you and the babe.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Ladiebug said...

Sounds great! It had to be so nice to see the heartbeat!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Kabmom said...

You keep dissapearing on us, are you okay? I'm worried, update us please.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home