Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Day 15 of cycle

I know I am getting a bit slack with the blogs, finding it hard to stay optimistic when the clomid did not work on the first cycle. Also according to the information leaflet about clomid ovulation should take place between day 10 and day 15, if this is the case I don't get why you have to wait until day 35 to find out for sure if it has worked. Anyway I am on day 14 and have had no temperature shift. My chart so far is all over the place, not sure I can get any information off that! I don't think it helps that I work shifts so some mornings I take my temperature at 5.45am and other days 8am. But never mind, I don't think it is an exact science - of course I would not be saying that if I had a definite temperature shift that confirmed ovulation had occurred!

I have been feeling pretty sicky over the past few days although that is nothing new for me, most probably due to metformin but of course I am hoping it is due to hormones from ovulating! Clutching at straws now! I find that the metformin makes me feel pretty shitty especially the one first thing in the morning - although this again could be due to working shifts, so some mornings I take it at 6am. Mostly the metformin gives me days where I have no appetite at all (but can still eat chocolate! Just cant stomach a whole meal!), also every now and again it gives me a really upset stomach despite the fact that I take it with food as it says on the label. I wish I knew what triggered that off, urgent trips to the loo are not pleasant! I did work out alcohol is not good (it does say in the information leaflet not to drink alcohol with it but I thought I would try!)! I am rubbish with alcohol anyway, but I have discovered to my cost that drinking alcohol whilst taking metformin really upsets my stomach. So alcohol is now a big no no! I never really drank much or often anyway, because with one sip of alcohol I turn into a giggly mess then fall asleep! But since I know I must not drink it I want it!! I have been good though.

I am really hacked off this evening, my husband is watching the football, which is not a problem. I thought I would watch Holby City on the other television but there is another football match on BBC 1 as well. I am so piddled off how can they put football on every channel! Also Holby is one of my favorite TV programs (along with casualty, scrubs and ER) because I work shifts I often miss it so I was really looking forward to tonight. Bottoms!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ! - i sometimes post on the clomid etc - at babycentre - just had to say i am on clomid and have also suffered sudden stomach cramps /runs etc and vomiting- i have narrowed it down to a sudden intolerence of rice (?!?)

how strange eh ?

i guess it is because hormones are all over and i suppose the body cant cope with certain things

so i would look for a food you may be eating at the times you explode (lol!)
hope you are well ! take care !

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home