Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Day 1 of cycle - finally!!!

Feeling like crap today! The big blob finally arrived this morning with a vengeance! Very painful, feel like I need the loo all the time, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Still, paracetamol seems to be helping to ease it.

Now the long day count begins! I start the clomid again tomorrow for 5 days. Last time I took it it made me feel very sick, but was on holiday from work so it was copeable, this time I will be starting it just as I return to work after a holiday. It is difficult, I am sure if I told the people at work they might cut me some slack, but not sure they will fully understand, so don't really want to go there!

PCOS is a very common condition, but still one that no one talks about, I think that people still don't fully understand the implications of it. That it is not just fertility that it effects- which is a big deal in itself both physically and emotionally, but also all the additional risks such as heart disease and diabetes! The diabetes is a big deal to me, when I was told that my pancreas may become warn out, my first instinct was to cut down on the things I love - like chocolate, then my second instinct was to make the most of it while I can eat it, since it is almost inevitable that I might become diabetic later on then I won't be able to eat it. You have to work things out yourself, now I am more chilled out about it and try not to think too far ahead, at the moment I am entirely focused on having a baby, the rest I will worry about if or when it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home