Sunday, July 17, 2005

Introduction to me

Hi, I am 27 years old. After several years of being fobbed off by Doctors, when I was worried about a complete lack of periods, I was finally diagnosed with PCOS- Poly Cystic Ovaries in 1999 after a blood test and an ultra sound, at that time I had never heard of it.

Then another few years followed and for a while I tried different brands of the pill to control my hormones. However this was not great for me, the pill made me a little mad and very irrational!! So I stopped taking it, then in 2003 I came off the pill and tried to conceive straight away, within a couple of months I was pregnant, I could not believe my luck, however my luck did not last just before Christmas 2003 I was in a car accident at 19 weeks pregnant, my baby was killed. So then we took a break to recover both mentally and physically from what was the most horrific and terrifying time of our lives. In July 2004 we started trying again for a baby, we had just moved house and so GP, my new GP is great. I went to him and had a long chat, he knows lots of up to date stuff about PCOS and suggested that I try Metformin. I started on a low dose of 500mg once a day then increased it to twice a day. In December that year I found out I was pregnant, however on Christmas eve I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. We waited until the new year to start again, but with no luck so far.

On the 1st June I saw a gynecologist at a new PCOS clinic. He prescribed me provera to bring on a period and clomid to stimulate ovulation, also increased my metformin to 850mg dose twice a day. I have already completed one cycle of clomid on 50mg on days 2-6, with no joy. I have just started the provera to bring on a period to start my second cycle of clomid.

I wanted to start this blog to help keep me sane, through what is a very long cycle - 5 days of provera, then up to 2 week wait for a period then a 35 day cycle. This is going to be a positive blog about the side effects I experience and the roller coaster clomid ride. Ok it does not sound positive but I am sure I can try!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I noticed that your blog was a few years ago, have you had a baby since?

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home